Protection R.T. has developed this new fire extinguisher containing Halotron BrX (2-BTP) agent, having a fire rating of 2-BC. This extinguisher is listed either as a rechargeable or non-rechargeable unit.
In our quest for more environmentally friendly products, Protection R.T. has de-veloped a new fire extinguisher containing Halotron BrX (2-BTP) agent, having a fire rating of 2-BC. This is a lightweight unit, made entirely with Aluminum, includ-ing the heavy-duty bracket.
The extinguisher(s) are UL listed as either rechargeable or non-rechargeable. The latter has a shelf life of 12 years with virtually no maintenance required during that time.
- Two models available M-900 (Non refillable) and M-900R (refillable)
- The refillable model is serviceable in accordance with NFPA 10.
- Both models are FAA and EASA approved.
- The technical data is shown below
Aside from the well-known essential uses” of aviation & military, Halotron BrX has been cleared by The US EPA to be used for the following” on-residential” applications: –
- Marine (boats, ships, engine compartments, control rooms)
- Commercial (Clean rooms, power plants, heavy mechanical equioment, laboratories, process control rooms, transmission facilities, telecommunications facilities, utility faults)
- Transportation (automobiles, railroad machinery) too including racing cars. This is an ideal application.
- Military (computer and control rooms, training facilities)
- Cultural or historical assets. This includes art galleries.
- Other industrial applications where electronics and precision machinery are being protected.
- Hospitals, but only in areas where it is unlikely to be in direct contact with patients.
- Pleasure boats where the unit is installed in unconfined areas.